Our Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Crumb are the ultimate comfort food! Loaded with spring onion, vegan bacon and herbs, these potato cakes have upgraded from a side dish to the main meal and are finished with a vegan Parmesan crumb and roasted cherry tomatoes.
What you’ll need:
6-8 medium-large potatoes (any type will do)
Vegan butter for mashing
A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Handful of vegan bacon lardons (we used THIS)
5 spring onions
Handful of grated vegan cheese (we used Violife)
A handful of parsley
A handful of coriander
A pinch of chilli flakes
3/4 cup cashews
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1. Boil a pan of salted water for the potatoes.
2. Cut your pre-washed potatoes into small chunks ready for boiling.
3. Add to water and leave to boil.
4. Add some olive oil to a hot pan and fry your vegan bacon (chopped) until brown and crispy, and put to one side.
5. Chop up a shallot and spring onions.
6. Drain potatoes once softened and mash.
7. Add butter, salt, cheese, parsley, spring onions, coriander, shallot, lardons and chilli flakes and mix together.
8. Prepare your Parmesan crumb just by blending your Parmesan crumb ingredients together.
9. Place your baking tins on a tray and layer them with Parmesan crumb.
10. Add your potato mix into the tan.
11. Finish with another layer of Parmesan crumb.
12. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°.
13. Finish with grilled tomatoes and a salsa of your choice.
Watch our reel here, which shows you how to make our Jerk Mushroom and Plantain Vegan Tacos.
Try our chef-prepared vegan meals here.
Comment below or send us a message on Instagram if you try this recipe and let us know what you think.
Team Jam ‘n’ Vegan